North Cotswold Foodbank is seeking a Warehouse Coordinator for its warehouse in Guiting Power. Job description and person specification below.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter stating why you are the right person for the job to Kevin Carden, Project Manager, at [email protected]
Closing date for applications Friday 23rd June.
Foodbank Warehouse Coordinator
Responsible to: Foodbank Project Manager
Responsible for: Managing the operation of North Cotswold Foodbank warehouse in Guiting Power
Salary: £12 per hour £7,488 pa
Part-time permanent position: 12 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8:30am-12:30pm with some variability and occasional weekend working.
Overall responsibility of the job: lead a team of volunteers to ensure that all areas of the foodbank warehouse for the North Cotswold Foodbank are run efficiently, coordinating effective stock control and arranging timely transportation of collections and deliveries.
Meet legislative standards – i.e., Health & Safety/Environmental Health.
Work in association with Foodbank Centre Coordinators/Supervisors to ensure they receive a streamlined service of support with food and other provisions.
The role involves manual work and some heavy lifting.
Reporting to Foodbank Project Manager
- Provide the Project Manager with monthly reports on stock levels and items needed. Notify any critical shortages immediately.
- Bring to the attention of the Project Manager any concerns regarding the day-to-day operation of the North Cotswold foodbank warehouse.
- Schedule the weekly routes for the van to ensure delivery of restock and collection of donations.
Trussell Trust compliance
- Ensure that all warehousing processes and procedures are followed as per The Trussell Trust Foodbank Operating Manual and local policies and procedures.
- Coordinate an annual stock take and reconciliation to verify the accuracy of data records.
Foodbank centre(s) & Volunteers
- Liaise with foodbank centre supervisors and organise the re-supply of food and other provisions, as required
- Coordinate the warehouse volunteer team including van drivers at the foodbank warehouse.
- Arrange volunteer shifts to cover sessions at the foodbank warehouse.
- Ensure that volunteers are trained to undertake responsibilities within the warehouse and to meet the relevant legal requirements. This includes basic food hygiene, first aid, evacuation procedures, manual handling and lifting, health and safety and fire procedures.
- Take responsibility for the building, its contents, and security of the warehouse, including first aid and fire safety equipment.
- Coordinate the day-to-day running of the warehouse including sorting, packing, stock rotation, monitoring stock requirements, issuing stock, maintaining accurate records, and disposal of unsuitable items
- Monitor Health and Safety, ensuring that all equipment complies with statutory requirements and good practice.
- Regularly monitor stock levels and liaise with the Project Manager about specific shortages and requirements.
- Coordinate the delivery/collection of food donated by the community including dispersal of excess stock to other appropriate organisations.
- Ensure that out of date stock and other items are disposed of correctly
- Ensure that all warehouse paperwork is stored securely and passed on regularly to the admin volunteer/team for entering onto the data collection system
- Effectively use the on-line data system (once trained), monitoring and reporting the key data indicators (particularly regarding stock levels)
Attend Quarterly meetings of the Steering Group either in person or via zoom.
Such other duties and responsibilities as requested from time to time by the Project Manager.