School Referral Pathways Volunteer
2 to 4 hours weekly, flexible over the week.
This role will support our staff at the Foodbank to establish, maintain and improve vital partnerships with our existing and new school referral partners. Our local schools play a key role in ensuring people in our community are referred to our Foodbank when they need to be, and so it’s hugely important that we maintain strong relationships and good communication with our local school contacts.
What you will be doing:
- support our Referral Agency Liaison to maintain positive relationships with our local referral agencies, specifically our schools
- engage and communicate regularly with our key contacts at local schools, to ensure that our aims and vision as a Foodbank are understood
- identify where partnerships with school referral agencies are working well and where there are opportunities to strengthen these relationships
- gain a greater understanding of the services and support provided by school agencies
- advocate on behalf of our Foodbank by sharing what we do with our school referral agencies and support the Referral Agency Liaison with making initial contact with new school based referral agencies, where relevant
- support the Foodbank manager with keeping our volunteers and staff up to date with the latest information on our school referral partners, including running Foodbank information sessions.
Skills you need:
- knowledge of local school referral agencies
- empathy and compassion
- good interpersonal skills, particularly in active listening and establishing stakeholder relationships
- understanding the need for confidentiality, safeguarding, data protection, and the ability to adhere to our volunteer policies and guidelines
- strong IT skills – Microsoft Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- ability to prioritise and manage a range of tasks, demonstrating flexibility
- ability to get on with others and be part of a team, as well as being motivated to complete tasks independently.
For more information and details of how to apply for this role click here